The Kindergarten St. Johannes - Family Center NRW
Family centers provide care, education, advice and support for the whole family. For children as well as for parents. Our goals are, i.a. strengthening the parenting skills and a good work-life balance.
With our work in the Family Center, we connect the goal of being the contact person for questions, concerns and information about family, education and upbringing.
Our professional assistance should strengthen you as a parent in your parenting skills. In addition to our offers to help, we would like to support the education and relationship skills of parents through information seminars and various other offers.
the holistic promotion of children, their healthy development and the unfolding of their individual uniqueness:
• working in partnership with parents
• the intercultural opening
• Child, education and educational offerings are selected to include the needs and environment of the children (mothers, fathers, grandparents, the whole family with and without children, interested citizens of Bad Honnef).
• current directories of counseling and therapy options as well as health and physical activity promotion for children and adults
• up-to-date directories for leisure activities and adult education
• monthly consultation hours for parenting and life coaching
• a parent café
We support families:
• when contacting parenting and family counseling centers, separation and divorce counseling, couples counseling, addiction counseling, debt counseling
• in arranging day care, babysitters
• for questions related to child well-being
• by providing space for therapeutic measures
• with offers for fathers
• with musical or creative offerings for you and your child
• with parent evenings or afternoons for educational further education
Our concept of development support includes:
• a multi-layered observation management
• cooperation with primary schools in the catchment area
• Language promotion programs for children
• Regular development discussions with parents
• The organization of a healthy breakfast and a warm lunch
• working with paediatricians, therapists, early childhood care centers and educational counseling centers
• The offer to visit families also at home
As a family center, we are in a position to help parents with any need for advice or problems and, if necessary, to pass this on to our cooperation partners and then to accompany the families.
Other forms of advice:
Parents of the children who visit our day care center can arrange appointments for a consultation or informational discussion at any time with our pedagogical staff from the groups and the management. For specific problems or therapeutic advice, we are happy to contact the appropriate facilities (as named above).
As employees of the Family Center, we inform all parents regularly about the development of their child. The basis for this is the Gelsenkirchen development companion as well as the observations of the BasiK observation sheet.
The Family Center offers informational afternoons for interested parents on health care topics. We cooperate with the youth welfare office of the city of Bad Honnef, with the family and educational counseling center of the cities of Bad Honnef and Königswinter, with the resident elementary schools, with the Catholic parish, with the CURA hospital Bad Honnef, with the network Early Help in the Siebengebirge of the cities Bad Honnef and Königswinter, with "Kita und Tagespflege in Kooperation", Bad Honnef and the Catholic Educational Center of the Rhein-Sieg-Kreis.
As part of our tasks as a family center, you are welcome to address us on the following topics:
Frau Jacy Paffhausen
Frau Anna Zosel
Ask for educational advise
Frau Sabine Schulenburg
Offers in the parents‘ cafè,
questions regarding language developement
Frau Katharina Wahl
Topics for health and physical activity promotion
Child protection and questions regarding daycare
Do you have any requests or questions? Please contact us via: kontakt(at)st-johannes-badhonnef.de
Family Center events you'll find here